The James L. Clifford Prize recognizes an article that presents an outstanding study of some aspect of eighteenth-century culture, interesting to any eighteenth-century specialist, regardless of discipline. It carries an award of $500.
- The article should be no longer than 15,000 words.
- The article must have been published in a journal or any peer-reviewed publication with a print date between July 2021 and June 2022.
- The article may be nominated by a member of the society, by its author, or by an editor of the publishing journal. Self-nominations are limited to one article per year.
- Normally, submissions for the Clifford prize are in English. Works written in languages other than English are permitted, but it may not be possible for the prize committee to assess these works. Please contact the Business Office for further information.
- The author must be a member of the ASECS at the time of submission.
Please complete the submission form below. If completing the form would prove an obstacle to your applying, please contact Executive Director Benita Blessing for an alternate means (firstname.lastname@example.org).
> Annibel Jenkins Biography Prize
> Graduate Student Caucus Excellence in Mentorship Award
> Graduate Student Conference Paper Prize
> Graduate Student Research Essay Prize
> Hans Turley Prize in Queer Eighteenth-Century Studies
> Innovative Course Design Competition
> James L. Clifford Prize
> Louis Gottschalk Prize
> Presidential Award for Service
> Race and Empire Caucus Graduate Student Essay Prize
> Shirley Bill Fund
> Srinivas Aravamudan Prize
> Theatre and Performance Studies Graduate Student Essay Prize
> Women’s Caucus – Catherine Macaulay Graduate Student Prize
Research Fellowships and Travel Awards
> ASECS Travel Grants
> Library Fellowships
> A.C. Elias, Jr. Irish-American Research Travel Fellowship
> Daiches-Manning Memorial Fellowship in Eighteenth-Century Scottish Studies
> Mary D. Sheriff Research and Travel Prize
> Women’s Caucus – Editing and Translation Fellowship
> Women’s Caucus – Émilie Du Châtelet Award
> Women’s Caucus Intersectional Prize
Annual Meeting Awards
> Non-Tenure Track Faculty (NTTF) Fund
> Traveling Jam Pot
> Arts, Music and Theater (AMT) Fund